Thursday, March 31, 2011

Yes, but is it art? (Patsy Stone)

The modern vegetarian creates stunning dishes that are simply packed with flavor, bursting with colour and sensational textures. All these adjectives leave you wondering whether they have invented the eighth world wonder and will be selling it at Sotheby's next along with a Picasso!

But it is the latest trend so how could I not hop on the bandwagon, dear Reader?

So behold below my attempt at cracking the canon with a warm cauliflower salad mixed with baby spinach leaves and red onion, drizzled with a vinaigrette of red wine vinegar, with some sultanas and acacia honey for added sweetness. Naturally it wouldn't have been quite complete without some snipped dill, for which I lazily resorted to my kitchen scissors. We ate it as a main.



On a final note, the carnivore in me has been screaming for the last half hour to be let out of its cage...

2 comments:

Fresco said...

I haven't eaten since 1972, but I wouldn't say no to this dish sweetie

Jadis Noir said...

oh honey, I wish I could say the same.

Post a Comment